Betting systems are a less common form of betting, but remain a very interesting strategy for lovers of combination bets who know their risks of the same.
Basically, combined betting systems are a series of different bets made from a series of simple bets. This definition not have made it clear what systems are, so we will resort to the best way to explain these things, practical examples.
A system based on three simple bets is known as a Trixie, and it would be the smallest of all systems (a minimum of 3 simple bets are needed to make a system). We will use a Trixie as an example:
We have that the victory of Real Madrid is paid at 1.5, the victory of Barcelona is paid at 2, and the victory of Manchester United is paid at 2.5.
In this case, being a trixie, this system would be composed of four combined bets (three doubles and one triple):
- Real Madrid (1.5) + Barcelona (2) = 3
- Real Madrid (1.5) + Man.Utd (2.5) = 3.75
- Barcelona (2) + Man.Utd (2.5) = 5
- Real Madrid (1.5) + Barcelona (2) + Man.Utd (2.5) = 7.5
Each bet in the system always carries the same amount of money wagered, and they are usually used with odds above even or close to it, so that in case one of the three bets fails, slight profits can still be made.
The trixies are just one of the many systems, as there are more:
- Trixie: is based on three selections which make four combined bets: three doubles and a treble.
- Patent: is based on three selections, each comprising three single bets and four combination bets: three doubles and one treble. In total, there are seven bets involved.
- Yankee: is based on four selections that make eleven combined bets: six doubles, four trebles, and one fourfold.
- Canadian: is based on five selections that form twenty-six combined bets: ten doubles, ten trebles, five fourfolds, and one fivefold.
- Heinz: is based on six selections that combine into fifty-seven bets: fifteen doubles, twenty trebles, fifteen fourfolds, six fivefolds, and one sixfold.
- Super Heinz: is based on seven selections to form one hundred and twenty combined bets: twenty-one doubles, thirty-five trebles, thirty-five fourfolds, twenty-one fivefolds, seven sixfolds, and one sevenfold.
- Goliath: is based on eight selections that make up two hundred and forty-seven combinations: twenty-eight doubles, fifty-six trebles, seventy quadruples, fifty-six quintuples, twenty-eight sextuples, eight septuples, and one octuple.
- Lucky 15: based on four selections that make four single bets, six doubles, four trebles, and one quadruple. In total there are fifteen bets, from which the name derives.
- Lucky 31: is based on five selections that make five single bets, ten doubles, ten triples, five quadruples, and one quintuple. Thirty-one total bets.
- Lucky 63: is based on six selections that make a total of sixty-three bets: six singles, fifteen doubles, twenty trebles, fifteen quadruples, six quintuples, and one sextuple.